Tishk International University Summer Term (School) Rules
2018-2019 Academic Year
Information to Students
With regard to the decision taken by the University council, summer term course rules have been newly designed because in this summer term students are given make-up examinations. Along with the below mentioned rules, new rules have been provided in the ‘student handbook, 2018, Chapter 7’. Please read the newly designed rules diligently.
Aim of Summer Term:
- a) Students have the opportunity to take upper year courses, so that they have a chance to graduate earlier.
- b) Students have the opportunity to increase their grades, so that they have a better average (increase GPA).
- c) Students who have failed their courses during the academic year have an opportunity to take the same courses in summer term.
Some important points students need to know:
- Students who have failed the courses FF, FD, DD–, DC– and due to attendance (NA), may have summer term courses yet attendance and payment is compulsory. In summer term students are allowed utmost 3 courses (course hours are given twice as much as credit; for instance, a course which has 3 credits will be taught 6 hours in a week).
- A course will be opened in summer term on condition that minimum 4 students enroll (If there are 4 and/or 5 students enrolled in a course, each has to pay $ 75 per credit). If there are more than 5 students enrolled in a course, in this case each has to pay $ 50 per credit hour in summer term. Students other than TIU will pay % 50 more per credit (for instance Ishik University students will pay 50$, others will pay 75$).
- Educational term for summer term is 6 (5+1) weeks. The first five weeks include summer term mid-term and other exams. 6th week is the period for final exams.
- For further details, you may contact your department heads.
- All passing grades, attendance rules, disciplinary rules will be applied according to ‘Undergraduate Education and Examination Regulations, and Disciplinary Rules of Ishik University’.
- Summer term registration process will be implemented through SIS system (as in other semesters).
Note: This rule does not include Faculties of Law and Dentistry students.
Tishk International University Summer Term (Make-up examination) Rules
2018-2019 Academic Year
Information to Students
With regard to the decision taken by the University council, summer term course rules have been newly designed because this summer term students are given make-up examinations. Along with the below mentioned rules, new rules have been provided in the ‘student handbook, 2018, page 20-21 and article 25. Please read the newly designed rules diligently
Make- Up Exams:
1-Depending on the results of the final exams (fall and spring), failed students can participate in the final exam of summer school as make-up exam.
2- Students are allowed to have make-up examinations of the course(s) they have failed in the final examinations. Make-up examinations are held for the courses indicated below:
Courses failed in FF, FD, DD- or DC-.
3-Students failed with NA cannot have make-up examinations. Instead students can have summer school courses.
4- Make-up examinations cannot be taken to increase the GPA.
5- In make-up examinations the same achievement grading system of final exams are applied and the score of make-up examination is accepted as final exam score. Make-up examination score is included in GPA of the semester the student has failed in the courses. In make-up examination the highest score is CC.
6- If students would like to increase GPA, they can register for Summer Term.
7- If two make-up examinations overlap (are at the same time), the student will choose one of them
8- Make-up examinations period will take place between 18 August – 26 September 2019. Summer term final examinations and make-up examinations will take place on the same days.
9- Students are responsible to follow make-up examination dates at specified date(s) by the departments.
10- In make-up examination, any excuse(s) (medical report, permission etc.) is not valid.
11- All passing grades, attendance rules, disciplinary rules will be applied according to ‘Undergraduate Education and Examination Regulations, and Disciplinary Rules of Ishik University’.
12- Make-up examination schedule will be announced after starting of Summer term (school)-between August 7-8, 2019.
16 – Students who are willing to take make-up examinations only, have to register their names in their departments.
Important Remainder for 2018-2019 Academic Year
It is highly important for you to pay utmost attention to the dates (in 2018-2019 academic year) written on this leaflet. As you know you have to register all courses you need on PIS system at the beginning of the semester. You cannot have the courses in Fall semester if you delay in course registration.
|For 2018-2019 Academic Year|
|September||1||Starting of Fall Term Courses for Law Faculty|
|September||15-28||Starting of Fall Term – Course Registration Days|
|October||1||Starting of Fall Term Courses All departments – except Law Faculty|